Saturday 11 December 2010

EU COMPETITION (First leg of Second Year)

E.U. Competition # 5  (First Leg of Second Year) 

Hello everybody. Here are the questions of the last EU Competition this year. Send your solutions to iescampanar09@gmail.com

 

1.-In old Greek it meant 'sailor' but today if you hear PLOTEUS, can you tell me what it stands for?

2.- a) A Swedish heavy metal band called EUROPE had a big hit years ago with which song?

      b) Years ago too Carlos  S........... 's song 'Europa' was also a great hit, particularly his guitar solo.

3.-The European quizz: We also have to know a bit about other European countries and not only those in our Comenius project. Let's see if you can do it. Very easy indeed!

a) I'm walking the Spanish steps. Which city am I in?

b) I'm on a ship docked in Piraeus. Which country am I in?

c) I am visiting the beautiful village of Aigne, most known for being built in the shape of a snail. Which country am I in?

d) I have travelled down Princes Street and the Royal Mile today. What city am I visiting?

e) In which European city is the Grand Canal?

f) This city, put on Unesco World Heritage list for its Art Nouveau architecture, is also the biggest city in the Baltic States.  What's the name of the city?

SOLUTIONS:

1.- Portal on Learning Opportunities throughout the European Space

2.- a) The Final Countdown  b) Carlos Santana

3.-a) Rome; b) Athens; c) France; d)Edinburgh; e)Venice; f) Riga.

No comments:

Post a Comment